vendredi 4 décembre 2015

To all SCCA Vee Drivers

I received a Surveymonkey this morning from SCCA or somebody and I know this will likely draw a firestorm(cleaned up from my original thoughts) of replies, but in case no one is paying attention, WE ALREADY HAVE A SPEC TIRE!! Hoosier is the only one making a racing slick. We sure as hell don't need to be going any slower - forcing the winged cars or SRF's to dart around us once more per race like a moving chicane. I know we go through this every three or four years or so (I can't remember how many times I've seen this since 1999), but C'mon man, put this issue to bed and let's go racing. Buy a new set of tires two or three times a year and manage them. That's all it takes. Trust me, the guys with $$$$ will buy a new set of spec's far more often than the rest. I'm not willing to go slower to save $1,500 - $2,000 a year. Just my 2 cents.

Thank you Hoosier for standing with the Vee community!!

Personally, I think we ought to allow the introduction of the radial tire that Hoosier makes and are on the shelf right now. In case you weren't aware, the Delta Wing car uses fronts that are made from the same tire mold they use to make our tires. Of course they will cost us more than the bias ply tires, but both straight line and cornering speed will be increased significantly. Now that should get everyone going. HAHAHA!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone. Hope to see you at the track this year. :checkered: :checkered:

Charlie Hearn
FV#37


To all SCCA Vee Drivers

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire