lundi 28 décembre 2015

Lotus Type 61 for sale

I still have this car for sale after advertising it earlier in'15. I have had two major surgeries since then and I REALLY need to sell this thing as I head into year 5 of fighting the cancer.

I am the 6th owner of this car according to the log book. Lotus only made 248 of these. It had been sitting for many years but was complete when I bought it. Over two years I did a complete restoration with upgrades to safety compliance and the cooling system. So now the cooling system is separate from the frame tubes and has an aluminum cross flow heat exchanger. The safety mods are things like a fuel cell and surround, which also helps protect the drivers sides, fire system, all nuts bolts and rod ends etc. The usual stuff. I replaced the rear trailing arms with chrome molly tubing and had all the chroming replaced with electroless nickel. The exhaust header is not factory and the oil cooler is moved from factory location so the rear body piece had to be modified for that and the twin hoop braces. The twin braces have been on there for many years. There are also a few minor convenience mods. The engine was built by Curtis Farley here in the Kansas City area. It only has one short race season of three weekends plus a test afternoon since the restoration.
I do not have spares per se except for one each of the two tire sizes without wheels. There are certain old things removed from the car that need to go with it as patterns etc. I have a stock engine, less carb, that seems to be in ok shape that I might include if interested. I also have all my receipts and other papers that came with it and many photos of the restoration process. I am trying to find the time to get them organized onto a disc.
The reason for the sale is that I have been fighting cancer for over four years and had to stop racing. Someone else needs to play with it in Vintage rather than have it gather dust here. In respect of the marque and relative prices of racing 7's and Elans I am asking a damn good realistic offer close to that. I might consider minor trades of pieces for Cosworth BD engines, depending on what it is. I will also consider delivering it or meeting in the middle with all expenses covered. Otherwise you pick up or arrange shipping and insurance.
Feel free to ask questions. Contact me at mbracewell@kc.rr.com I live in the Kansas City area.
Attached Thumbnails



Lotus Type 61 for sale

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire