samedi 26 décembre 2015

Open Wheel Miata

This topic has been discussed in a round about way before, but I'm curious (and a little bit bored at home) why spec Miata is so popular.

Is it purely the closed wheel nature of the cars from a safety point of view? Is it the cost of the car to start racing? How much $ is a good car these days? Is it the spec nature of the series? Why is there not not an open wheel equivalent? Has the prefect recipe not been found in open wheel or is it just a fundamental lack of interest in open wheel cars here? Are there too many open wheel classes?

I guess that leads into what an equivalent single seater would be like. There is a thread on here about a perfect entry level Formula, but I'm not sure if any conclusion was reached. Although I'm set on a Club/Vintage Ford it has got me thinking. If I look at the classes out there non of them tick all the boxes which has me wondering what my perfect open wheel car would be. Am I alone in this? Is everyone happy with their chosen formula?


Open Wheel Miata

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire