jeudi 24 décembre 2015

2012 Nova/KBS F600 rebuild thread

In April 2015 I bought my F600 Nova/KBS conversion car in Chattanooga, TN. The car was converted then homologated in 2012 by a few owners back with a Novak/Piontek rear clip to accept the GSXR 600 engine. When I purchased the car it was in a well used condition;) While the car's engine ran great, the car itself needed some attention before it was ready to hit the track. Two weeks later, I used the car to get me through drivers school at Waterford hills...(the first day anyway). I raced the car five times in 2015 and had a few mechanical glitches:debris:--my own fault for not having a pre-race checklist. I also had some good races and learned a lot about driving and preparing the car.

That being said, the car really needs some help in order to have its true potential realized. This is what I have planned to make it a nationally competitive ride.

1. Completely new front suspension setup from NovaRace to mimic the design and wheel rates already on the rear of the car.

2. Moving the front lower control arm pickup points higher to bring the roll center height above ground and to compliment the geometry of the rear suspension.

3. New bonded and riveted .090" Aluminum belly pan. The current pan is made up of about 6 or 7 different pieces and some are stainless steel (Heavy) and is in horrible condition.

4. I plan on bead blasting, inspecting, repairing, and powder coating the car frame.

5. New rear suspension uprights and updated rear axle bearings and cassettes.

6. New radiator and air ducting.

7. Installing a sports car nose from T&R Fabrication.

8. Complete body re-paint.

9. Adding to my data system with additional sensors and deletion of the analog gauges on the current cockpit dash.

10. A few new rod ends that didn't get replaced during the season.

11. Rebuild the steering rack or buy a new one.

I'm absolutely sure there will be many more items that will get attention during the rebuild but this is what I have come up with so far.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 150718td_496.jpg (258.7 KB)
File Type: jpg F6-46 (3)-L.jpg (106.7 KB)
File Type: jpg IMG_0208.jpg (67.7 KB)
File Type: jpg IMG_0563.jpg (151.0 KB)
File Type: jpg IMG_0397.jpg (152.2 KB)
File Type: jpg image1.jpg (94.4 KB)
File Type: jpg image1-2.jpg (115.9 KB)


2012 Nova/KBS F600 rebuild thread

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire