vendredi 17 juillet 2015

Minimum Saftey Personnel

Last weekend I witnessed what was a slightly disturbing event at the Gingerman Majors. I was watching from outside turn 2 when two big bore closed wheel cars had hard contact with each other.

Response was unbelievably slow from any saftey crew. First people on the scene (corner workers remained in station to flag) were in Jeans and sleavless T-shirts. One driver was able to get out of the car, but laid on the grass next to the track surface. I didn't see anyone at this point check on him or the other driver still in one car.

The first people on scene appeared to be more interested in removing the crashed vehicles. Several minutes later, with one car still steaming, a rescue truck arrived with only 1 visible person in a fire suit.

The fire suit was tied around the waist, with again a sleevless T-shirt on top.

So in summary, NO ONE was prepared to handle this situation in a timley manner, and even more disturbing was anyone prepared to handle this situation if a fire broke out.

If someone has a different account of what happened, I'd love to hear it. But from my perspective, it was a very un-easy feeling knowing that was the care these two drivers received as I was getting into my car for my race.

Cost aside, maybe it's time we consider some kind of standards?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire