mardi 28 juillet 2015

1983 Reynard Front Axle Problem

All,

Posting for Ray Thomas who is having front axle issues with this 83 Reynard FF :

Quote:

Chris,

I was hoping you could be of assistance with a big problem.

My right front axle has a big problem. My wheel nut worked loose at the PRO in TOLEDO and I took off the rim and found the inner nut that holds the axle in the hub loose, so I tightened it put my rim back on. However, it loosened again at the Match Tour but during Club Shootout it must have damaged the axle because when I tried to remove the wheel nut it seized at the end of the axle. The rim is now just setting on the 4 wheel pins and I have tried an impact to remove the wheel nut to no avail.

Jim Morsch, Continental Motorsport, has the car now and is not sure how to remove the tire and rim so we can get to the axle. He will be at a Pro Race in Pittsburgh this weekend and will return Monday, Aug 3rd. He thinks it will need a new axle and probably should replace both.

Two Dog has a 83 axle but thought there were 2 different axles. He would like a picture to compare it to the axle he has in stock.

Larry Oliver said they can be made in about 3 weeks.

I was hoping someone on ApexSpeed could give us some ideas and a source for axles so I wouldn`t need to cancel the Wilmington Tour and maybe not even be ready for Lincoln.

Any assistance would be very much appreciated. I am not very computer literate so I did not know how to post such a question on ApexSpeed.

Ray Thomas
I sent Ray a link to the thread so he can monitor the responses. I also recommend he give Keith Averill a call.

Any other ideas would be appreciated.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire