mardi 28 juillet 2015

Limited droop on PRS Club Ford?

I have what I would call limited droop on the front suspension of my PRS Club Ford, dictated by 11.5" Penske 8100's (see the attached photo). The geometry of the car is very much like later model Crossles of similar vintage, in fact some of the suspension pieces are exactly the same as Crossle.

The front end of the car works very well but I have to get longer shocks for the back so I'm evaluating the entire package. Currently I have 12.5" at the back with 1" eye extenders but I need to get 13.5" without eye extenders. I can take the 12.5" shocks off the back and put them on the front, that length being common to many of the later Crossles in this region, then get a pair of 13.5"ers or get new bodies/shafts for the 11.5"ers.

The question I have is limited droop OK on a Club Ford suspension?

If I do make this change I would be looking to buy a pair of used 8100 doubles in 13.5" length, and selling either the 11.5" or the 12.5", or better yet (but inlikely) trading. Valving and leaks not important, I will be re-building whatever I get.

Thanks in advance for any and most responses.

Tom Duncan

Attached Images
File Type: jpg PRSDROOP.jpg (142.9 KB)


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire