mardi 7 juillet 2015

Future tire choices for FV

I am having a heck of a time keeping rubber on my car of late. It seems the main problem is that tires are just so darn expensive! As a result I have been using takeoffs from my fellow competitors. It seems even that adds up as used tires don't last very long and mounting/balancing and disposing seems to be over $100 in and of itself. I guess my point here is two fold:
1) Is anyone going to Thompson this weekend that has tires any better than the takeoffs from 2010 that I found in my basement?
2)What are the odds of going to a new wheel/tire combination any time soon? I'm told the Falken tire/rim package, mounted, is only $680! At $800+ to mount new rubber on my old rims currently, going a different route with slower tires that would last much longer is very appealing to me. I know this subject has been broached before, I'm just curious if any progress has been made.
Sadly my love of racing seems to be getting more and more difficult to afford... Even though I feel I have found a pretty reasonable racing package (FV) and I only run tracks that are very close to me(Thompson, and maybe Palmer, if I can financially manage it).
Recently I have actually (perish the thought!) thought of taking a break from racing, just because of the financial hardship involved.
Anyway, I could ramble some more, but I suspect I'm not the only one that feels this way...

Mike


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire