mardi 7 juillet 2015

Formula Mazda project for sale

Here's what I can tell you about the car. I bought it from Valley in 93, believe it was built around 88 (could have been earlier). It was the first FM east of the Mississippi, back when FMs were classified as FCs and only allowed to run regionals in SCCA. Mike Sheehan was the previous owner. It is a Russell shear plate car, although the front lower bulkhead is .060 aluminum, not current style. The master cylinder mounting does NOT line up with the Star chassis cars, and there is a welded-in mount for them. Fairly sure all the other shear plates fit, although a few might need some "massaging". I bought the main hoop "doubler" but never installed it, so I have the steel pieces still.

I last ran it in 1998, crashed pretty hard and took off LF, RF and nose more or less completely. I don't think the frame got tweaked. Also pulled the rear susp radius rod, forward attachment bolts out of the frame. Both of these had previously been repaired with helicoil inserts, and the inserts pulled out.

I had planned to repair and race FM again, but never did. I took a bunch of photos of the car to aid in putting to back together. I'm attaching them.

In 1998 or 1999 I bought a new nose and front wings. Bought a used one-piece intake, with one of the throttle linkage attachment holes buggered up (needs welding, maybe). Bought the "new" exhaust system. I may have a new set (or pair) of Koni shocks... can't remember. I think I bought a new battery tray & nose pole structure (might have been used). I bought aluminum brake hats, and some lightly used rotors. Car has iron calipers. My car has the separate MSD box and Rev box, but I bought the single unit from MSD (7AL?). All of this is on the shelf or in boxes. There's also a bunch of miscellaneous odds and ends, some used gear sets, etc. I have two sets of original styles (gold spider web) BBS wheels, plus the wheels that were on the car when I crashed. The inners and outers are pretty trashed, but the centers on that set may still be good. The engine has CCR on the rotor housings, and I never had it rebuild. It might have 60+ weekends on it, plus it's been sitting for almost 17 years. I sent it to Drummond to be re-sealed when the original wire seals broke, but it wasn't inspected or dyno'd. 99% sure it needs a rebuild (if it's not rusted solid inside!).

I'm not going to race this car again, so someone should do something worthwhile with it. At a minimum, there is some value in the new parts, the engine core, transmission, spare wheels, etc.

Take it all for $4000 (neg). Please contact me through ApexSpeed.

LW


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire