jeudi 16 juillet 2015

Pertronix + Microdynamics Limiter Compatible? Help Please

Hi, I've done a lot of reading on this but remain stumped.

I am on my 2nd Microdynamics rev limter trying to figure out why it does not function properly. The unit is responsive to all inputs on the button and indicates set point correctly with indicator light but it never actually limits or changes engine as it passes the limit point.

The car is a 1985 Van Diemen RF85 with the full Pertronix Flame Thrower 2 electronic ignition, including the low resistance 0.6ohm coil. I was concerned the first rev limiter couldn't take the heat and vibration so I decided to try one more based on the overall positive experience this crowd had with them. I am now starting to wonder if there is something incompatible with the two systems.

I've confirmed that all wiring is correct and all connections are clean. I have a good chassis ground post common to the battery (-) and confirmed good by ohmmeter. So far all testing has been zero load free reving in the shop with the limit set very low, but within limter's range.

Has anyone else had an issue with Pertronix and Microdynamics together?

Appreciate any help. Thanks

Brandon


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire