jeudi 23 juillet 2015

Frame identification quiz - wonderous prizes unavailable

Hello all,

I have recently purchased (in England, from a gent in Ireland, who I believe bought from someone in Europe) a new single seater that has/had been converted for hillclimbing.
It comes without log book, so my little alcohol beaten noggin started to get around to thinking about thinking what it was that I (or it) was trying to register - it might be important!
Google truly inspired me with:
http://ift.tt/1VyKJmy
That game seemed too much fun to miss again......

As from that link, that is the closest thing to my chassis, so I thought it might be a good starting point.

Clues: sold as "1981 Hawke DL22". Don't think it is! All wishbones and anti roll bars have similar levels of corrosion - I'd say originate from the same period (judging by the corrosion on my 1982 BMX, which is at a similar level I'd say they are early 80's).
Wishbone pickups and coil over damper pickups are double shear pressed tube identical looking to the above link.
I have identical pedals from cast ally to above link.
I have a diagonal front tube to the front left corner of the chassis.
Front track (with comedy clown tyres) is much narrower to the rear (64.5" vs 69").
I have two (per side) rear upper trailing arm chassis pick up points (to adjust anti squat?).
My steering column brace bar is slightly bent in the middle - identically to above link, but the 'dash hoop' is a different curvature.
Bodywork appears not to be for the chassis.
There are threaded inserts both sides of the chassis by the main hoop for side mounted rads.

I've not seen any front wishbones the same as mine. The semi outboard rear discs are, I imagine, a consequence of the edition of a two wheeled engine.

Any help or interesting info gratefully received,
beffudled Glen.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg mystery_1.JPG (95.5 KB)
File Type: jpg mystery_2.JPG (146.3 KB)
File Type: jpg mystery_3.jpg (41.6 KB)
File Type: jpg mystery_4.jpg (136.0 KB)
File Type: jpg mystery_5.jpg (121.6 KB)
File Type: jpg mystery_6.jpg (100.6 KB)
File Type: jpg mystery_7.jpg (112.5 KB)
File Type: jpg mystery_8.JPG (109.1 KB)
File Type: jpg mystery_9.jpg (149.5 KB)
File Type: jpg mystery_10.JPG (42.6 KB)


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire