jeudi 29 mai 2014

What range of jets...

...and other bits do I need for my carburetor?



At least to begin with.



As of right now, my RF89 is running pretty well. The carburetor was prepared by a good friend of mine who's been running his own FF for a long time, and other than the fact that I get a fair amount of popping and crackling on overrun, I'd say the engine is strong.



But I'm looking to improve it of course.



So I'm planning a dyno session for next week. We'll warm it up, get a baseline, then start looking at the AFR. Once that's right (or as right as we can get it), we'll work on the timing, then go back and re-examine AFR.



To that end, I'm going to want to bring along some additional jets, etc. for my carb. Only, I don't own any yet. So my first thought was simply to dig into the carb and see what is in there currently, then buy two or three sizes up and down from there.



But I'd also value the input of others.



What range of jets do you think you actually need for an FF?



What about the various types: main jets, air jets, emulsion tubes, (idle jets?)?



Is it advisable to have duplicates of some (or all) sizes so that you can run the same jets for both primary and secondary?



As always, all thoughts gratefully received.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire