vendredi 30 mai 2014

1971 Caldwell D9B project

Well I really hate to do this, I have run out of time and space to work on this.



The car is a Caldwell D9B (on the serial tag) chassis number 72010076

It came out of upstate PA, I'm not sure exactly how much history it has prior to the early 90's, when it had a different body on it.



The car is missing the bodywork and radiator, but was a running car doing hill climbs 3 years ago and has been sitting in the corner of a shop since then.



So far I have found a few people that can make a set of bodywork for the car.

For the radiator I figured having one custom made would be the way to go, I have a drawing and a quote from Griffin rad for a full aluminum unit for $575

I do have a log book for the car, it only dates back to about 91 though.

And at that point in time it had a set of bodywork on it that was far from original Caldwell parts (from the pics)







I have the car,

spare set of steel wheels with OLD rains.

another set of steel wheels

a box of spare suspension pieces, engine bay brace, and oil cooler mount

the original rear sway bar for the car( not on it currently)

a block, crank head, and box of oddball engine spares(not sure exactly what is all there)



I also have with the car

New engine cover, grey primer

Rear uprights with stub axles, bearings calipers and rotors

few other misc parts

and a huge box of FF1600 Kent engine parts gaskets seals and other assorted items. (this is SOO MUCH its crazy)



I have a log book with the car as well. Only dating back to about 91 though.

there are also some spare gear sets, though I think some are well used. about 7 total



it is in need of a restoration, and has a few small issue spots on the frame that need attention. Mainly the front is the problem, the bodywork mount and front cross bar are damaged. At the rear there is one crack in a weld at the shock mount.

Otherwise it will need a new pan, which would be part of the restoration.



Here is the Photobucket album of the car and its pieces.



http://ift.tt/1wBmGXu



So far I know the radiator would be $575, and the remaining parts of the bodywork should be about $2000.



I have seen these cars for high teens, so it is definitely worth putting back together, I had all intentions too. And will if this doesn't go to a new home.



As for asking price, this I am not sure of.

does $6500 seem fair

Talk to me, I'm not going to give it away though.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire