lundi 4 avril 2016

Racing Clutch - std or rallye?

Wondering who has tried the rallye version of Tilton's 7.25" single disc racing clutch for FF/CF? The difference, apparently, is the rallye clutch can handle a bit of slippage/modulation in the paddock/pit/grid area but, once warmed up, is just as tough, grippy, and durable as the standard racing clutch - which is basically an on/off, fully engaged or fully disengaged clutch.

At least, that's what the web sites say...

Anyone with practical experience? Cautions? Kudos?

I like the idea of a bit more drivability in the paddock area since vintage races have a good number of pedestrians and street cars wandering about. If I'm not sacrificing track performance and it costs less than $100 more to get the rallye version, I'm leaning that way.

For my Z-16 Club Ford I'll be buying the "white" code pressure/stiffness rating. I am still running the mechanical release bearing mechanism on the Hewland.

David


Racing Clutch - std or rallye?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire