jeudi 7 avril 2016

WTB MK layshaft

Does anyone have a used layshaft for a MK series Hewland transmission?

The attached pictures show one that I bought on this site years ago.

I'm sorry but I don't know all the correct Hewland nomenclature, but here goes:

The shaft on the bottom is the one I want. It is 1 inch OD with six splines to accept MK 8/9 gears with the internal splines. The shaft on the top is how we modify them to use in a Spridget dog box tranny. We cut it down and turn the ends to .750" for bearing surfaces. As you can see the shaft on the top is in pretty bad shape. One of the bearing surfaces has been damaged so I am trying a sleeve on it. The splines are getting pretty rough. I can't afford a new one.

I have also attached a picture from the Pegasus catalogue showing the part I think I want. Pegasus identifies it as a 4 speed layshaft.

I am interested in a less that perfect shaft. Either end can be buggered up so long as the central splines are in reasonably good shape.

If you have one, please let me know.

Thanks,

John

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1044.jpg (144.2 KB)
File Type: jpg IMG_1045.jpg (127.5 KB)
File Type: jpg IMG_1046.jpg (143.6 KB)
File Type: jpg 1410-A58H-4.JPG (21.1 KB)


WTB MK layshaft

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire