dimanche 7 février 2016

Bearing clearances

I'm refreshing the suspension on my RF89 and very thoughtfully, the bearings in the front bellcranks and rear rocker arms are all the same size. Only one size of spare to stock!

The bearings are NTN 6203 (40mm OD, 17mm ID, 12mm thick) with double rubber seals, but...

...when I started looking into replacements, I discovered that such bearings come in a variety of clearances, and that one should chose bearings based on the clearances you'll end up with at operating temperature.

I'm assuming that given the way they function, none of the bearings are going to get much warmer than the ambient air temp, so if I have the choice, should I be looking to get bearings that are normal clearance, or larger, or smaller?

Any thoughts?


Bearing clearances

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire