dimanche 3 mai 2015

Drilled Metric Nuts (M8 x 1.25)

Hi there,
The studs on my differential that attach the lay gear "Spider" to the differential sheared off when I was in New Orleans.
I got a new spider and studs and reinstalled eveything but after race when I checked, the nuts (and studs) were already loosening to the point where I could rotate the nut by hand. I had torqued them to 25 ft-lbs. I used anti-sieze to get a good preload on the bolt. Any ideas to prevent this from happening?

I was thinking I could torque the nuts then lock wire them so was wondering where I can find drilled M8 x 1.25 nuts? Spruce aircraft have drilled nuts but they are only english. The nuts that came with the kit are the the smaller sized jetnuts which look almost impossible to drill so purchasing a pre-drilled nut would be better.

Thanks for any advice. I could use some special locktight but I think lock wiring the nuts would be better. I had this same problem with my header bolts but lock wiring seems to do the trick.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire