jeudi 21 mai 2015

SVRA Fontana

Members and Drivers of The Series

As most of you know, we have asked many times for clarification and changes to the rules made by SVRA in November 2014. And I saw that many of you commented on the e-mail that Roland sent out. I didn’t reply because I was promised that Tony and Roger would consider the problem during this past weekend, so I wanted to give them time.

I’ve heard nothing so far. I figured that today was a good deadline, especially since we had been trying to get this resolved since before the Willow Springs event. I also figured that you had waited long enough, and isn’t fair to you and your teams, and families, to wait any longer. Fontana is now less than a month away. I decided to not wait any longer and pulled Formula Ford The Series out of the Fontana event. With the input from some of our members, I sent to Ed, Tony and Roger an e-mail.

I’d like us to be together on this. I hope I made the right decision for The Series, and for the drivers. I don’t think that SVRA’s new rules are fair or safe, and I think it is very unfair that the drivers have been kept waiting beyond the last minute. I believe that it is important that The Series drivers stay united.

Let’s hope that we can work out the rules with SVRA over the summer break. But even if we can’t, VARA is working with us, and I’ve heard from the southwest region of SCCA that there may be changes which would allow all of our cars and drivers to race with them later this year. I’ll let you know when I have more. Count on September 5-6 at Buttonwillow with VARA for our next event!

Richard Holladay Manager
Formula Ford "The Series"


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire