jeudi 21 mai 2015

Formula Vee rebuild

As some of you guys know I bought my first vee sight unseen from Texas and had it shipped up to NH. Why? Because it was cheap.
I am on a very tight budget and have a lot more time then money. So I set out to rebuild it as best as I could to try to go real wheel to wheel racing something most people think they can't afford.
Here is what I got in the mail from Texas.





Here is what she turned into.











I had to buy a lot of new parts.
Battery $54.99
Master cylinders $150
Wheel cylinders $62.00
clutch slave $53.25
Fuel Cell $442.20
Belts $207.21
Spark Plugs $6.36
Transponder $230.00
misc paint fiberglass
gaskets that
I didnt keep track of
etc etc $200.00
Tires used $250.00
$1656.01

Of course I didn't keep track of every penny I spent
and some of the stuff I bought are option parts (mychron)
I also had to have my roll hoop changed at a whopping $700
but it was done by a professional shop and 100% correctly.
Note to new buyers... make sure you not only fit but fit legally in your car!

Thought I should share this info for anyone new wondering how much, approximately, it costs for a average shade tree mechanic to bring a car back from the parts pile.
Most people will point out that I did not get my engine rebuilt and that's true. I checked the valves and lower end myself the best I could. I set the end play and did not see any excessive play in my rods. Will it stay together? I'll tell you after this weekend.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire