lundi 23 mars 2015

Swift DB1 Steering Shaft Clamp Slop

I have a fair amount of fore/aft movement in the steering shaft of my DB1; it feels like the steering wheel is not correctly seated even though the Spa unit I am using is firmly locked. I tracked it down to slop in the steering shaft to steering rack clamp.



I tried the recommendation of shimming the grove in the shaft with some thin aluminum cut from a soda can. I gave up on this idea as I could not, despite numerous tries, get the stupid shim to stay in place when installing the steering shaft.



The next idea I have heard is going to the next size larger bolt. That is, going from a AN4 bolt to a AN5 bolt by drilling out the clamp hole from 1/4" to 5/16".



Before drilling out the clamp, I thought I would ask if there were any other recommendations.



FYI : Yea, I know the nut is missing in the attached photo; it's a reference photo for the assembly in question as well to insure there was enough grip on the bolt. That is, slop still exists when everything is firmly bolted up. :D



Thanks in advance.




Attached Images





File Type: jpg 15-0323 DB1 Steering Shaft Clamp.jpg (121.5 KB)






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire