mardi 31 mars 2015

Solo vee rear suspension.

So I keep getting the idea in my head to abandon my current late 60s vintage solo vee chassis and build a new chassis from scratch. Currently the car runs 2 rear shocks and a z bar. I know this is ancient technology in the racing vee world, with current cars utilizing zero roll resistance designs. The question is, does zero roll style suspension help with the low speed cornering we experience in autocross, or am I better off with a z bar and stiff springs.



My initial thought is to utilize stiff enough springs the car essentially becomes a large go cart or 500 style with minimal suspension travel. Maybe I am completely off base. As always the goal is to eliminate as much understeer as possible.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire