lundi 23 mars 2015

Stub Axle / Spindle Nuts

I need to replace the nuts (3/4"-16) flex lock nuts that preload the front wheel bearings on my Citation. It's my understanding that they are torqued to 220 ft/lbs with Red loctite.



Basically the stub axle is a 3/4' threaded rod. Two nuts capture the drive flange and preload the wheel bearing. FWIW, I've been using a 3/4" G8 Nylock for the wheel nuts. They have been working fine.



For reference the existing split lock nuts look like this...





I am having difficulty finding a local source for these nuts. An the sources I have found don't have any information on the grade, plating, etc.



Would a Grade 8 Stover be a suitable replacement? What is the benefit of the split lock over a Stover type nut?



Given the potential consequences of one of these nuts coming off I want to make sure that I am using the correct hardware.



Any thoughts or input would be appreciated!!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire