mercredi 18 juin 2014

New to racing, where to start?

I have been reading the forums and each new post seems to confuse me a bit more.

I have been running track days for almost 10 years. I run in the advanced open passing class which is giving me the experience of going two wide in turns and three wide down the straights. I have had multiple instructors tell me I am very quick for my car and i have instructed for a club or two but am looking for more.

Currently driving a 2005 Lotus Elise but looking to either sell it(hopefully 30K) and put that into a racecar and enclosed trailer or go smaller with the racecar and start slow but keep the Lotus. I have a Ram 1500(5.7 Hemi) with air suspension for towing and could probably get around $15,000 together for racecar and season(will be purchasing a trailer for Lotus or Racecar or both with other funds)



I am currently spending $500-$1,000 per track day with all costs factored in so at $1,000 for a race weekend thats like doing a weekend track day but hopefully more exhilirating.



I love the looks and (from the bleechers) feel of the F1000 car but I think that is out of my budget and probably a little over my head for a first car.



I am located in Portland Oregon so i can easily get to Spokane Raceway, Pacific Raceways, The Ridge, Oregon Raceway Park, Portland International Raceway, Thunderhill and should be able to get to Miller Motorspors and Laugna Seca, Buttonwillow and Infineon in a long day.



Anybody know which classes are good in the Pac NW and have other cars in them? Anybody know which track day organizations allow for driving a formula style car with them so I can get seat time outside of races? Anybody want a free crew member for me to learn to work on these cars and learn the ropes? I am not a good mechanic by any means but am willing to learn and can perform basic functions. What kind of budget should I allow for with a season of XXX Class?

I am don't know what class a Radical prosport is but I am looking at one of those as well since it is not open wheel and "should" be allowed at track days.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire