jeudi 26 juin 2014

Flying Skip Pad

I read more than I post on this forum, but I thought I'd share my story from last weekend with SVRA at California Autoclub Speedway.



Right after the start and before turn 1 a big piece of metal fell off a car ahead of us and flew into my helmet. (see camera shots below) :debris: It hit so hard that I thought it was stuck or pierced the helmet, the impact made me lift off. Luckily the car seemed to have absorbed most of the shock, as I discovered later at home. The nose cone and the hood cover have two deep marks in the carbon-fiber, the helmet visor is damaged and the helmet has a scratch on top.



Attachment 47129



Attachment 47130



From the marks, it was approx. 4cm x 12cm x 1cm (2"x 5" x 0.5") with round edges, I think it could have been a skid plate that well of a car ahead.



On lap 2 another problem, my car lost power and started stalling :meatball: I knew it's game over and retired the car from the race. - The positive side is; this is my first race retirement in the last 5 racing seasons, so this isn't a bad record. :trophy:




Attached Images









File Type: jpg UFO1.jpg (146.3 KB)
File Type: jpg UFO2.jpg (148.1 KB)






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire