dimanche 14 février 2016

How free. Front rotors and bearings ?

I am just finishing a '89 Euroswift SE1 project. I am unhappy how free the front wheels spin after rebuilding the front uprights. They have brand new hubs, wheel bearings, seals ,calliper rebuild kits , wheel studs and brake pads. The rotors although lightly used have zero T.I.R.
I have adjusted the calliper mounts down to within .005" and disc pad drag appears equal. I have sanded the back of the disc pad lightly and was surprised that they were nowhere near flat. I have put a screw clamp on the pistons to ensure they are fully retracted and machined 2mm off the banjo bolts to ensure they don't interfere with the piston when retracted. The wheel when tensioned with the mounting nuts will spin perhaps a revolution only. The bare hub spins slightly better but not freely with its new bearing.
What torque should be on the Swift special necked bolt that holds the hub and bearing in place. At present it is firm and no play. What have I missed ?



Ecclestone
1989 Swift SE 1


How free. Front rotors and bearings ?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire