mercredi 10 février 2016

FE winter maintenance and tripod grease?

I'm doing my first winter maintenance of my FE. Thanks to advice from Steve, Kevin, and a few others I've done the following.

So far I've done a full inspection of the gear stack.
Replaced reverse spigot and tapped it to accept bolt threads.
Had clutch rebuilt.
Replaced slave cylinder seals.
Cleaned all around engine bay and under tray as well as bell housing. What a mess!
Had headers recoated with 2500F coating from ProKote Indy. They were chrome coated by PO...
Cleaned coolant system and inspected thermostat.

I'm about to get started on the tri pods but wondering if the tool to pack the tri pod bearings is necessary or can this be done by hand? Also, I understand most use GNK Tri Pod grease. Is AeroShell Grease 33 a reasonable substitute? It's a synthetic grease used by boeing and the military. One of it's main purposes is for greasing roller bearings. It's also half the price. Not wanting to skimp on quality for a couple dollars but if it is as good or better why not? Here is a link. AeroShell Grease 33 Synthetic Mil Spec


FE winter maintenance and tripod grease?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire