samedi 1 août 2015

Legal Advice

Hi,
I'm restoring a Titan FF and spent the time to remake the rear lower wishbones. I made a jig, had the spherical bearing cups machined as well as the threaded weld bungs. I then had a fabricator weld it all together. I then had them heat treated before sending them to a local chrome plate company. They quickly sent an invoice which I repeatedly tried to pay by phone and email contact. After weeks of hearing nothing they called me back, saying that re-modeling the shop meant they hadn't been able to contact me. They said they would send the parts back to me over night delivery so I duly paid. Over a month later and nothing - no parts, no response to phone calls or emails. I suspect they called me just to get payment with no intention of returning the parts. Including their charge I am down around $600. I know its not a massive amount, but it's more the principal of the matter that irks me. I know the business name, address and owners name. I sent them a letter informing them I would take a small claims action against them but the letter could not be delivered by the post office as no one was there to sign for it. I'm not really sure what do next. I really do not want to roll over and write it off.
Any ideas!?
Many thanks in advance.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire