lundi 31 août 2015

First Time Out (SRAAC Barber)

This past weekend I finally got to get the old Lotus 61 out at the track. This was the first time for me and the first time back on the track in near 30 years for the car. I entered the car in the SRAAC TT event at Barber Motorsport Park. I thought this would be a good shake down event for both me and the car. I do not have my competition license yet so I thought this would be a good place to learn. What an amazing track and a great event put on the Atlanta Region SCCA. My big concerns were having something break on the car (I did all the fabrication) and not to embarrass myself by getting in other peoples way. Well I am happy to admit the car ran flawlessly and was a blast to drive. My biggest problem was I could not get full throttle as once belted into the car my foot couldn't push the throttle all the way down. I will have to make another throttle pedal. I did manage to spin it once but other than that everything went extremely well for the 5 times out (total of 1 hr 20 min). One racer came up to me and asked what problems I had encountered with the car over the weekend and all I had for an answer was a slight oil leak in the transaxle and I dropped the tire pressure a pound in the front. I could not be more happy.

I would like to thank Garey Guzman for all his help, photos, and support over the weekend and all the racers who allowed me to come out and play. Truly a lifetime memory and it was so great to have the old car back on the track where it belongs.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Barber 3.jpg (112.0 KB)
File Type: jpg Barber 4.jpg (42.6 KB)


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire