lundi 31 août 2015

Floating rotors question

How 'free floating' should floating rotors be? I ask because I suspect over-torque led to rotor failure at my last track weekend, but as I carefully followed PFC procedure to install the new set, they aren't exactly 'loose'.

The PFC instructions say 10-12 ft-lbs on the bobbins. So I did that. The rotor felt pretty tight. So I backed them off and did 8 ft-lbs just to see. Feels about the same. The rotor will move, but only when nudged with a bump from my palm of my hand. Or a pretty good tug.

Is this normal? Or should they be much more free float, as in slide with very little effort? In order to achieve that, I have to remove pretty much all torque.

I am using a new 1/4" drive Husky torque wrench with inch-lbs settings, so I do not suspect I'm over-torqueing vs the PFC instructions.

Appreciate your time / thoughts / comments.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire