o.k..... I'll make my excuses up now...... SUPER limited time frame, zero knowledge on Formula Fords, Zero documentation on the internet, newbie stupidity......
School me on changing a rear axle seal on a 84' Van Dieman.
...........ASSUMING that most Formula Fords with the MK9 transmission have the same layout...
A) Once I can free up the rear suspension, does the axle shaft just pry out like a FWD axle ? (held in with what ?)
(If I were to remove the rear lower suspension point in this picture, will the shaft pop out so that I can replace a seal ?

B) Or do I have to remove more to gain access to the stub axle (or whatever you call the piece in FF-land...lol

I just don't want to get into this project and realize that I needed to order such and such VD specific widget, or that I needed to align the moon and the stars with the God of Lucas on the 5th Friday of the Eternal Nits...... (in other words, I have a very narrow time frame until I have a very important race.....and wife would be PREEETTTY pissed if I cancelled her yearly holidays because of Don's stupid F-up. I can live with the car wetting it's pants and refilling each night (I'll shove a bloody diaper on the car to limp it through until I have time to exhale and attack this nagging fix if it's more involved than what I'm reading into it....)
TIA....don
School me on changing a rear axle seal on a 84' Van Dieman.
...........ASSUMING that most Formula Fords with the MK9 transmission have the same layout...
A) Once I can free up the rear suspension, does the axle shaft just pry out like a FWD axle ? (held in with what ?)
(If I were to remove the rear lower suspension point in this picture, will the shaft pop out so that I can replace a seal ?
B) Or do I have to remove more to gain access to the stub axle (or whatever you call the piece in FF-land...lol
I just don't want to get into this project and realize that I needed to order such and such VD specific widget, or that I needed to align the moon and the stars with the God of Lucas on the 5th Friday of the Eternal Nits...... (in other words, I have a very narrow time frame until I have a very important race.....and wife would be PREEETTTY pissed if I cancelled her yearly holidays because of Don's stupid F-up. I can live with the car wetting it's pants and refilling each night (I'll shove a bloody diaper on the car to limp it through until I have time to exhale and attack this nagging fix if it's more involved than what I'm reading into it....)
TIA....don
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire