vendredi 26 juin 2015

Hylomar substitute

Hi:

It's been recommended that I use Hylomar Blue on a part that will be exposed to gasoline. Apparently Hylomar is very resistant to gas. I'm having troubles finding Hylomar locally and I do not have enough time to order some.

It is my understanding that Permatex used to distribute/rebrand Hylomar, but I don't think they have a license anymore - Permatex Hylomar is certainly not listed on Permatex website. There is this Permatex Ultra Blue that I have access to and I'm wondering if this is what Permatex came up with to replace what they used to sell as Hylomar. I'm wondering if Permatex Ultra Blue is just as good as Hylomar with regards to resistance to gasoline.

http://ift.tt/1IhOYgW

It doesn't say specifically it's resistant to gas, it mentions oils and shop fluids.
Recently I used Permatex Ultra Blue instead of the Ultra Grey for transmission stuff and they are quite different. The Blue version is much stickier and harder than the Gray version. I'd think the Blue version is good with gas, considering how hard it was to remove from the parts I worked on.

Any idea if Permatex Ultra Blue is the new Hylomar?

Edit: it does say in the TDS that it is not recommended for parts in contact with gasoline... http://ift.tt/1GxdMNm
Still looking for an alternative.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire