mardi 23 juin 2015

Float level - plastic float

I have always understood that the correct float level is having the level at the bottom of the beach.

However, last weekend, I was having an issue with the engine cutting out at the end of the straight, and then no ablility to blip the throttle to downchange. Power only recovered once around the turn. I could however get some success, if I got off the power long before my braking point. That doent improve your lap time. There also seemed to be some "fluffyness" when going through right hand corners. The engine did not sound crisp.

When I reviewed all the literature, they suggest that the height of the plastic float should be 35mm. However, when I measured mine, it was about 42mm, and had very little stroke, so I suspect that the needle valve may have had a problem in opening fully.

If I readjust the float height to 35mm, this increases the level in the bowl to about 2mm over the high end of the beach. I had always considered this too high, but at least there is some room for the float to fully open the needle valve.

My question is - if you use a plastic float - should you go by the prescribed 35mm height, or otherwise.

A supplementary question as well. Some engine builders in Australia, fit two heavy screws to the float to prevent "flutter". Has anyone had experience with this.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire