dimanche 28 juin 2015

First Drive

Well today I got to have the first drive of my Lotus 61 after four years of building it from nothing more or less. As it was a quiet Sunday I decided to drive it down the street and back. It is about a quarter mile to the 4 way stop. So my wife is out with the video to capture the big event. Fire it up and away I go. Hey this is fun, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, oops a bit slow for 3rd. Back into 2nd and carry on to the stop sign. Get to the sign and stop. Move off to do a U turn and stall it in the middle of the intersection. Fire it back up and I can't turn it around in one shot. Back it up stall again. Look up and there is the Sherriff sitting there in his patrol car. Damn. Does he see me? Oh yes he does, he is staring straight at me. Hmmm what to do. I do what anybody else would do, give him a wave and take off. Look in the mirror as I head for home and he is behind me. Sheet, I think now what. As I come around the bend here is the wife videoing me for the history books with a cop following me. She says you have to be kidding me. I pull up outside the house and switch it off. He pulls up beside me and says what the hell is that. That is cool. Relief!!! He sat there for 15 minutes talking about the car. I told him that when I first seen him I just about crapped. He said oh I wasn't going to pull you over I just wanted to see the car. So in all it was a great experience and a memorable one.:p
.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire