mardi 19 août 2014

Mid Ohio tow damage

FWIW I thought I should pass this on. At the recent F2000 event I nosed the front of my car into the gravel and had to be pulled out by the recovery group. I was instructed to stay in the car while they tied onto the roll hoop to pull the car backwards. The crew proceeded to run the two rope THROUGH THE CENTER of the rear wing and despite my protests would not stop. They tugged the car out of the gravel quite easily and then proceeded to drag it until the rope took out the rear wing. Mid Ohio management has determined that there is no negligence on their part. Given the release that is executed there probably is no liability for the resulting damages, but I have learned a lesson. Never again will any car that I am driving be towed or extracted without my direct supervision. I would strongly encourage each and every one of you to act with caution the next time some tow truck pulls up next to your racecar to help.



John




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire