mardi 5 août 2014

Longacre - lousy response

I've had really short life on master switches. Bought a really expensive unit from Flaming River, and had trouble from the start (just couldn't believe it was the new switch). They were pretty accommodative in providing detailed drawing data on a couple of their designs (which wouldn't fit the right-shoulder location on my Van Diemen).



I've tried all manner of Hella/bosch type switches, and they last just a couple of seasons.



Never tried Longacre though, and their designs looked promising, but when I asked for detailed data I got a list of dimensions from someone there named Debbie Heinle. Nothing to reference the dimensions to except the imagination. I asked for a drawing, was told they were "proprietary" (as if anyone with $h!t for brains couldn't reverse engineer external dimensions from a part). Sent her pics showing why I needed something better, and she blew off that and my next request, until I sent a third, where I got the same answer as before.



Told me that I could buy the part, try it, and send it back if it doesn't fit - as if I don't mind paying shipping both ways for something as simple as a drawing.



In this day and age where people frequently mock a design up in CAD before bending metal I'm surprised a supplier still has these kinds of concerns. Virtually every part you get off of Digi-Key has a detailed mechanical drawing!



If I can't solve this problem I'll have to run the dash power directly off the battery, or maybe relay switch it to be legal. The switch bounce causes dash problems and every now and then a hard bump will just shut the thing off (flip the lever).




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire