mardi 29 juillet 2014

What do I have?

I could use some help figuring out what I've purchased. I'm thinking it is a F440. It came with the original Chaparral engine, but now is powered by a Arctic Cat 550 twin. I have cleaned it up and have it running good. Brakes work, but I want to rebuild them, probably update the master cylinders as this has twins and kind of a make shift proportional linkage. I don't know much about cyntrificle clutches, but it does seem to work. The rear gear box that drives the rear pumpkin in what might be a VW rear end is rather new to me. I'm thinking this allows a way to change the gear ratio for different application. Needd tires so I could use help finding reasonable prices scrubs. front is 20x8x13 and rear are 20x9.5x13. I want to restore the car into a Jim Clark Tribute Green/Yellow Lotus 49 theme as garage art, but also will likely XC and track it at club days 1-2 a year just to put a smile on my face.



The car was campaigned in the NW SCCA I believe probably in the 80's perhaps even 90's. I bought it out of the Roseburg Oregon area and it came with no history or details.



Who was the Chassis Mfg?

Does anyone remember the car?

It as a A/M on the side so I believe this was the Class it raced in but was this just F440?



Thanks for any help you can give me.




Attached Images













File Type: jpg photo 1 (1).JPG (69.7 KB)
File Type: jpg photo 2 (1).JPG (61.9 KB)
File Type: jpg photo 4 (1).JPG (72.4 KB)






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire