FF/FC or....take your pick!
1) The new Mygale, Spectrum, Citation, Piper...is quicker than my DB1, DB6, Lola, Zink...
2) I need a Honda (Zetec) to be competitive.
3) I need one of the top shelf Kents (Pintos) to be competitive.
4) I need a new set of dampers to be competitive.
5) I don't have the resources to go and test enough.
6) I don't have the engineering resources to be competitive.
7) It takes a new set of tires (or more) to be competitive...and those are over $xxx
8) The entry fees are over $xxx for a weekend event.
9) We have mixed run groups.
10) There aren't enough people in my class to make it worthwhile to go to the track.
11) My car/engine/gear box needs X before I can take it out.
12) The track time stinks.
13) It costs too much to run the pro series where I could get the track time.
14) The races are too far away and I can't afford to be away from the job for extended periods of time.
15) I am tired of the BS it takes to go racing.
That's a pretty daunting list and it took me about 3 minutes to type it up; I am sure I have missed some good ones. The point I am making is that there are a million reasons we don't go racing like we once did. This is an ever evolving program and we can't lock things in or deny that Father Time marches onward. Just because a program or formula worked in the past does not mean that it will in the future. (If it was so good then why was it changed in the first place?) The problem(s) can't be solved by a different restrictor rule, spec tire or some other change of a rule or regulation; this is much larger and requires a long range plan on a macro level.
John
1) The new Mygale, Spectrum, Citation, Piper...is quicker than my DB1, DB6, Lola, Zink...
2) I need a Honda (Zetec) to be competitive.
3) I need one of the top shelf Kents (Pintos) to be competitive.
4) I need a new set of dampers to be competitive.
5) I don't have the resources to go and test enough.
6) I don't have the engineering resources to be competitive.
7) It takes a new set of tires (or more) to be competitive...and those are over $xxx
8) The entry fees are over $xxx for a weekend event.
9) We have mixed run groups.
10) There aren't enough people in my class to make it worthwhile to go to the track.
11) My car/engine/gear box needs X before I can take it out.
12) The track time stinks.
13) It costs too much to run the pro series where I could get the track time.
14) The races are too far away and I can't afford to be away from the job for extended periods of time.
15) I am tired of the BS it takes to go racing.
That's a pretty daunting list and it took me about 3 minutes to type it up; I am sure I have missed some good ones. The point I am making is that there are a million reasons we don't go racing like we once did. This is an ever evolving program and we can't lock things in or deny that Father Time marches onward. Just because a program or formula worked in the past does not mean that it will in the future. (If it was so good then why was it changed in the first place?) The problem(s) can't be solved by a different restrictor rule, spec tire or some other change of a rule or regulation; this is much larger and requires a long range plan on a macro level.
John
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire