lundi 21 avril 2014

Major experience needed for Majors.

Major experience needed for the Majors...



I ain't no fast bad ass and I know the majors isn't the "Pro's" and a lot of people are not going to be happy with what I'm about to say but I think it is important to bring up the topic for conversation.



So…… is it me or is the 120% (not enforced) qualifying rule a big joke or what?? so a qualified experienced racer that runs 2:04 time at a “Big deal Majors” race is subjected being on the same track as a guy that only has to run a 2:28……wow that’s really fun and safe…. That’s a 24 second per lap difference. I can tell you that a 10 second difference is seriously dangerous enough let alone anything more. Are the people making these rules totally out of touch?? Are the drivers that show up to race that are not within 7-10 seconds (I’d say 5 is realist) of the qualifying time living in the same planet? How about the other faster classes within the race group that are 15-20 seconds faster??? Everyone here knows how fast you close in on someone that is much slower, it’s scary (and life threatening) So, Why they are not directed to the regional races that are safer and a better place to learn and get up to speed is beyond me. I was on the track with multiple self proclaimed “rookies” and just plain slower drivers this majors weekend and it was not cool. Driving up on someone that is way off the pace is really scary, you don’t see it coming until it is too late. I saw one of these drivers literally drive off the track to avoid our race pack (at least he used his head). We all spend a lot of money and time preparing for these big races and it just isn’t right that we risk our safety and property out on the track with people that just aren’t qualified to be there. I grew up in motorcycle racing where you had to prove your abilities and to be promoted through up the ranks. At the end of every year they came out with a list of all the novice and amateurs that showed their skills on the tracked and were promoted to expert.



And I don’t want to hear people say it is our responsibility to watch for slower traffic, that’s BS. If they are not within 7-8 seconds, it’s almost impossible especially on blind or fast turns.



I’m not saying there isn’t a place for people that are starting out or are building their chops but the national events are not the place to do it. They really need to use common sense and understand and do the homework to see if they can hang with that level of competition. If not, practice and come next year.

I’m convinced that SCCA cares nothing about competitive racing or safety and is only out for the $$$.



Am I wrong that I think the Majors which SCCA touted as the premier highest level of club racing, needs to be strict on qualifying and make it a realistic time of within 7 seconds within the class?? It’s not like we’d be telling them to quit racing, just start out in the regionals and practice and get up to speed…..



so what you think? don't be shy...(please refrain from cursing me...)




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire