jeudi 24 avril 2014

Did all that I could, but still need help.

I suppose, being my first post, I should do a basic introduction before asking for any of your time. I don't own, or ever will own one of these beautiful cars you build and maintain. That said, I am not new to road racing having been an SCCA (Neohio) member during the 70's. Loved every minute of it, but I just couldn't, at that time, keep up with the escalating cost. Retired now, but I love sports racing cars. Always had, even when the engine was at the proper end of the car. (jk)





I liked building cars then, and have decided to build them in 1/8'th scale now. Do I know how to do this? Not a clue, but I've learn several new skills so far and will learn many more before I'm through. Plus I'm a royal PITA when it comes to details. Just ask my wife. This then brings me to my reason for posting.





I'm building a scale model DSR, or an S2 I suppose they are called now. No particular model as I have more than enough on my plate as it is. There are plenty of photos to see how the cars are built, but there is little to nothing on the engine data I need. By engine data I mean information that I have to have to make a convincing model, but would be almost useless information for you. Mainly dimensions, even rough dimensions, of things like “how long (or wide I suppose) is the machined deck surface of the block?” My guess is 15.5”(394mm). How did I come up with this? It fits between my knees. I don't like to ask questions without doing some homework first so I made a drawing of a Suzuki GSX R1000. It was made by finding the size of something, and using that to find the size of something else, along with some best guess estimates. It's not finished yet, but it just doesn't look right. I was aiming at something around the 05/06 model year, but any year with the same mechanical configuration would work. So if anyone has one of these engines I would be very grateful if you could answer a few questions for me. If you happen to live in Columbus, Ohio I'd love to see your car. I'll bring the donuts.







Thank you,

Bill




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire