lundi 28 avril 2014

DB-1 slave cylinder, TOB, clutch issues

Guys,

We had a great turn out at Roebling for FF/CF this weekend, and had a great time, but I am still fighting my clutch. I replaced an AP clutch with a Tilton [both 5 inch], and the gap was too large, so we cut a 0.2 spacer from an old piston, to fit behind the TOB, moving it forward and decreasing the gap. Now I find that the first time I push the clutch, I go 2/3rds down, and can't mesh gears. I release and push again, the clutch pedal goes a third further, and now I can get gears. The thing is hard as a rock, and engages very sharply, much worse than the AP. I plan to buy new seals, as I used my spares last week putting in the spacer, and thought I'd get a new TOB to see if that helps, but Taylor is unsure of which bearing to use.

1] Any ideas why adding a spacer made my clutch require the two-step?

2] any references for the correct TOB for a Swift DB-1?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire