jeudi 4 septembre 2014

New oil pan for my RF89

So I've done a lot of checking...



It appears that the fabricated pan my RF89 uses is what was a reasonably common pattern for dry sump pans as used in Lotus Elans, with Cosworth BDAs...



...this pan essentially:







But the guy who fabbed that one said he really doesn't do them anymore, and anyway, he's in Australia, so he wouldn't be my first choice for speedy and inexpensive delivery.



But then I found Dave Bean Engineeering, and he can supply the pan shown in the attached photos... ...for a lot less than the cast pans are selling for.



I'll still need to do some rework to relieve the end of the trough to allow me to get the engine into the engine bay, but I think this is the answer.




Attached Images













File Type: jpg alum pan side.jpg (86.3 KB)
File Type: jpg alloy pan front.jpg (71.3 KB)
File Type: jpg alloy pan.jpg (73.1 KB)






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire