lundi 22 septembre 2014

Path to the F600

Hello,



I'll give some back story and then ask for advice.



I live in Cincinnati and I am about as green as it gets other than passion where I'm a veteran.



While I've visited Mid Ohio a number of times and Putnam more recently, I've only ever performed some light setup on my old Audi and attended a PCA DE event once. It was one of the best weekends I can recall. While the instructor said I had talent and ran better than most, he could have just been tooting my horn. I'd like to find out for myself in time. He let me run solo which was an incredible session.



I sold that car and have been without a track car (not wanting to drive my daily) for months. Yesterday while trying to decide between a Miata or an E30 M3 I learned about F500/F600.



The sound alone is enough to make me leap toward the F600 but I also love open wheel racing. One thing led to another and I landed on this fantastic site.



I want in! I am not an advanced mechanic so I'll be buying a finished or mostly finished car eventually. I'm sure this also means I need to eventually find a mechanic with relative proximity to Cincinnati.



I know enough to know that I am far from ready. Or at least I think I am far from ready. At this point I would enjoy just taking a F600 type car around Mid Ohio on solo events until I get some experience.



But I can't even do solo events yet having only attended one DE event and I don't know that they have DE events for single seat cars. Maybe they do, I'll have to look into this unless you guys already know.



I'm looking for advice from the people already in this world on what path I should take to at least be ready to buy one of these cars and enjoying what looks like more fun than I can describe.



I did not know about F600 a few months ago so I missed the event at Mid Ohio in July. But I've been watching them on youtube! That won't happen next year.



Should I pickup a cheap track car and go do some events so that I can get to a point where I could run a F600 non-competitively?



Any advice you can offer the new guy is tremendously appreciated. Whatever gets me ready to own and being able to run a F600 car.



Or you guys can tell me I'm off my rocker. I'm in for any feedback at this point.



Zak




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire