mercredi 28 janvier 2015

Mk 9 converted to Rhino housing.

Hi All ,



After doing nothing on my Reynard SF84 , for about 18 months , I finally got to slowly continue building my mk9 gearbox with a new rhino housing.



To cut the story short , it is almost ready , after hours of shimming up everything to get to the right measurements , I got to the final step to complete the gearbox, and that would be the reverse gear , but unfortunately , i got a bit stuck here , the problems are , the 1st /reverse sliding gear , is engaging properly in 1st gear , but when I engage reverse , the sliding gear hits the 4 bolt pinion bearing retaining plate before the selector rod is end of stroke , and another problem is that only half of the length of the sliding gear is engaging on the reverse idler gear.



I used a VW box 4 bolt retain plate , maybe the hewland one is not thick as this ?



Can anyone help with this problem , please.



Thanks in advance for the help .




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire