mardi 27 janvier 2015

Accidents and insurance

Maybe not a topic we want to discuss but as I had a bad off a couple of years ago I have a personal interest in this.



After the accident I had a lot of trouble from my insurance company as I got hurt doing an activity that they do not cover for. They said they do not cover injuries from auto racing, stunt plane flying, cave diving, basically any "extreme" sport. However none of this is clear in any paperwork I had ever seen. Response was you need to read thru the entire contract. Issue is insurance comes form work and I have no choice in what I get. That is from differing insurance companies. And I had the most expensive, fullest coverage I could get from my company plan.



My issue-and I dealt with it but it begs the question: Has any body actually checked with their insurance company over this? I mean are we all racing without proper (any) actual coverage? The sanctioning body would only cover a certain amount-suppose to be "gap" coverage-between what your insurance covers and what you owe. But found out that, if you don't have any coverage from insurance company then you have no gap coverage either.



So what do you all do? Do you have extra insurance? Like AFLAC or something? Do you just assume your insurance covers you? Have you actually checked? Does anybody out there have any other experiences to talk about?



In the end my company insurance paid for a bunch but then increased our entire company cost by 17%!! Said to my boss-you can see this drop back by exempting (firing!) me!!



So I am just wondering? How do we deal with this? Given way health car is going in USA It may be just that none of us can go racing as nobody will cover us!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire