jeudi 6 novembre 2014

CMod new guy

Well, I think I'm going to get serious about C/Mod as soon as my Corvette sells. The question is which way to go. I tried to fit into Mark Mervich's Van Diemen and couldn't get my thighs down through the frame, much less my shoulders.



Are there Formula Fords that fit someone 5'10" and 225 lbs? Let's face it, even on a diet and exercise program I'm going to have big thighs and broad shoulders.



I really like S2000s, but they seem to be non-existent or out of my price range.



Then there's Solo Vee. The Vee guys think they need more allowances, the Ford guys are concerned that they are already too fast. It looks like you could buy a pretty good FVee, sell the 1200 engine, wheels and tires, etc. and have a fairly inexpensive starting point.



Solo Vee mods: 1600 or 1915? What wheels and tires? Which is the best trans for Solo? Do you want the allowed disc brakes and rack and pinion steering? Coil-over fronts? Any other necessary mods?



Thoughts?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire