samedi 7 février 2015

Toyo R888 on wide tracked 98 Van Diement RF98K

I am starting a new thread with a more specific question and title. I would like to have a conversation with someone that has run the Toyo R888 on a wide-tracked RF98K ("Anniversary") Van Diemen. My VD is one that was built with the 97 and older frame, not the 99 and newer frame (as apparently some "98"s were).



At a recent test day I tried the Toyos with up to 3.25 degrees of rear camber and still had temps on the outer edge higher than the inner (and the tread wear pattern supported this), with the middle up to 30 degrees higher than the outside edge. The front tires were run at 2.75 degrees and were very close, I suspect another 1/4 degree will do it.



The car was tricky to drive, the rear end rarely felt planted, even in a straight line.



Anyone have any direct experience?



Thanks



Tom




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire