vendredi 14 novembre 2014

New - Learning Curve?

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and formula cars. (not counting being an f1 fan for a long time) I have plenty of track experience in my front wheel drive Honda that I've converted into a dedicated track car, and some high horsepower rear wheel drive cars, but nothing like these f1000s.



I am curious about the learning curve driving this car. Is there a big cliff in moving into a high downforce car like this? I am really interested in one as a casual fun track car, and maybe sometime in the future be able to join some of you for a race once i'm good enough.



This part might seem silly, but...

Can a car like this be driven at a level well below its limits, or does it only behave correctly at speed due to the high downforce? Wondering if there a weird pocket between slow and knife edge limit driving where the car is going fast enough to lose grip but not fast enough to give you the downforce grip you need. Know what i mean?



Thanks,

Dennis




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire