lundi 17 novembre 2014

Higher ride height and "stands" for garage

Hi folks,



I recently bought DickR's 85 Van Diemen RF85. First fomula car for me, I've had a variety of IT/Production class cars.



The plan for the car is multipurpose - hillclimbs (PA Hillclimb Association - all paved, public roads), autocross, and a few road races. All SCCA based, and I'm currently licensed for road racing.



1) Ride height of the car is currently for autocross and maybe road racing, with the whole car being very low to the ground. For hillclimbing, I think even the crown of the road is going to be an issue. I know I'm giving up performance by raising it, but getting to the top safely is the first priority. :) How high until I start to see other weird issues crop up? What's a typical measuring spot? I'm thinking that's the chassis, in line with the center of the front/rear wheels?



2) Garage work. I have a 24x22 bay for the car. I have it up in the air on 6x6 with a 2x4 on top of that. I think the answer to get it up a bit more is the folding chassis stands for now. Is location along the frame critical other than balance? I don't think the cross-ties of the frame matter for this. I also need to watch the bodywork, which hangs below the frame a few spots for the sidepod area. I have a quicklift, but to get it higher, I used a floor jack in the rear.



Thanks for dealing with the newbie questions!



-Ricky




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire