mercredi 19 novembre 2014

Advice for an arrive-and-drive driver

Hi everyone - I'm new to posting here but have been browsing through the forums for quite a few months now.



My situation is this: because of my job, I essentially get free travel all around the USA (east coast/central locations are easiest). Every weekend (Fri-Sun), I can go almost anywhere I'd like. I'll probably be in this position for another year. Because I get free travel and because I don't have a house/permanent location to store my own car/tools/equipment/etc., it is the perfect set-up for an "arrive-and-drive" situation.



I want to take advantage of the next year and do as much racing / high-performance driving as I can. I'm already signed up for the Bertil Roos formula car race series next year but want to do more, particularly during the winter months.



My experience level is intermediate: I karted as a kid (2 seasons), did the Bertil Roos formula-car 5 day race school, have done three races in the Bertil Roos race series, and autocross/HPDEs in my street car (Honda S2000, now in storage).



I've found some good arrive-and-drive experiences and wanted to know if anyone here could recommend any similar opportunities. For instance, a few weekends ago, I emailed someone who ran a local karting club and ended up renting one of his karts for a race weekend at Roebling Road; flew in for the weekend and flew out. I’m looking for more deals like that. Or, similarly, I did the 10 hour endurance karting race at AMP which was fun (but the typical kart rental fare is just not exciting enough for me so looking to avoid that).



I am most interested in the following experiences:

- Shifter kart racing

- Racing any type of kart on full-size car road courses (like I did at Roebling - AWESOME) or on a street course (i.e. Inverness, FL race)

- HPDEs in sports car

- Budget endurance racing (i.e. chump car, LeMons, etc.)





My budget: Would like to keep it $500 all-in or less for a karting weekend, $800 all-in or less for a HPDE event, not sure on the endurance stuff.



Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire