jeudi 27 novembre 2014

1984 Red Devil barn find for free! Just come and get it.

So for years when travelling between my home and my hunting property in Southeast Pennsylvania, I saw this racecar along with many other street cars crammed into a glass-fronted building on private property.



I always said to myself that I should contact that property owner to see if any of the cars were for sale.



Well one day I did. Yes was the answer.



The older man, a Vietnam Vet, was going through some health issues, but that didn't stop him from enthusiastically talking about cars and racing for hours on that day that my wife and I went up with my trailer to his farm. Turns out he had done Summit Point, The Glen and others and was an avid SCCA F440 guy back in the 80's. The car had been sitting since then.



I knew it's value was closer to zero than to what I paid him for it. I didn't mind at all. I know it helped him and his wife out and they were never going to do anything with it anyway. So I took it home.





My wife and I spent the next 3 weeks recovering from Poison Ivy.





I performed what amounts to the first 5-10 hours of what a total restoration would entail. Vacuuming the years of leaves and dirt out of it. Washing the body panels and completely tearing down the car and taking the engine out. Kawasaki TC440A-B201. Cleaning the carburetors, etc.



So I've done all the nitty gritty hard stuff to get it ready to be rebuilt, but I would like to focus on other projects right now. It was somewhat of a whim anyway. If you want to do this restoration or just need the chassis or the engine or any other parts, it's yours for free, but you have to take it all. Come and get it. Montgomery County, PA.

Email me please

mikethomas828@hotmail.com





























































Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire